AND VISA FOR RUSSIA
A foreign employee may not be hired without a work permit
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A WORK PERMIT IN RUSSIA
IMPORTANT: A foreign employee needs a work permit to work for your branch office. He may also not be registered as Director-General in the single State Register. Not even if OOO is not active. The penalty could be up to EUR 13,000.
In 2010, Russian legislation introduced a new technical term – “Highly Qualified Specialist” (“HQS“). This includes foreign workers with appropriate training and professional experience who receive at least an annual salary of RUB 2,000,000. The salary must be transferred to the employee’s Russian account through the Russian branch office in Russia and can not be paid outside Russia.
Basically, the procedure for applying for the HQS work permit consists of the following steps:
- Application for invitation and individual work permit for HQS (“Work Permit“)
- Regular notification to the Migration Service (“FMS“) and other authorities.
Required documents and information
The following documents are needed for the preparation of the procedure:
- Original employment contract with salary information
- Certificate of registration in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- Commercial register extract
- Information letter from the statistical office
- Address and telephone number of the company
- Passport copy of the managing director in Russia
- Passport copy of the HQS employee
- Photo of the HQS employee, color, scan, resolution min. 300 dpi
- Copy of the diploma
- Expected date of entry
- Registration address outside Russia
- Registration address and telephone number in Russia
- Land and city of visa obtaining outside Russia
The authorities must be informed in writing of the following facts:
- Legally de facto disbursement of the salary of HQS employees – quarterly;
- Termination of the employment contract or civil service contract with the HQS;
- Within 30 days of receiving the work permit, the migration authority must be informed of the registration of the HQS with the tax authority.
Required documents and information for family members
- Passport copies of family members
- Photo of family members, colored, scan resolution min. 300 dpi
- Marriage certificate with apostille
- Childrens birth customer with apostille.